The Ohio Department of Agriculture will be sponsoring three collection events for farmers wishing to dispose of unwanted pesticides. This year, the collections are happening in Morrow, Portage and Butler counties on the following days and locations:
- August 12, 8AM – 3PM: Morrow County
- Morrow County Fairgrounds, 195 South Main Street, Mt. Gilead, OH 43338
- August 17, 9AM – 3PM: Portage County
- Deerfield Ag Services, 9041 US-224, Deerfield, OH 44411
- August 24, 9AM – 3PM: Butler County
- Butler County Fairgrounds, 1715 Fairgrove Avenue, Hamilton, OH 45011
The pesticide collection and disposal services are free of charge, but only farm chemicals will be accepted. Paint, antifreeze, solvents, and household or non-farm pesticides will not be accepted.
The pesticide collections are sponsored by ODA in conjunction with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. To pre-register, or for more information, contact the Ohio Department of Agriculture at 614-728-6987.