Katie Boyer, (614) 752-9712
OHIO DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE HOSTING PUBLIC GYPSY MOTH TREATMENT OPEN HOUSES
The open houses will be held virtually the second and third week of February
REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio (Feb. 1, 2021) – The Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) is hosting a series of virtual public informational meetings regarding upcoming gypsy moth treatments.
Gypsy moth caterpillars feed on leaves, weakening trees and shrubs and potentially killing them. The treatments are not harmful to humans, animals, honey bees, or plants.
General and region-specific information will be discussed at each meeting. Any member of the public is welcome to attend any meeting:
- February 8, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – Athens, Vinton, Hocking, Noble, Washington Counties
- February 9, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – Licking County
- February 10, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – Delaware, Knox, Morrow Counties
- February 11, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – Seneca County
- February 16, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – Auglaize, Hancock, Wood Counties
A link to each virtual open house will be posted one week prior to the event at agri.ohio.gov.
If you are unable to attend an open house but would like to make a public comment, you can e-mail email@example.com or submit by mail to:
Division of Plant Health – Gypsy Moth Program
8995 East Main Street, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
The official public comment period is open until February 28, 2021.