Please download and complete the form using the "Download" button to the right.
This application is for new or expired Commercial Pesticide Applicator licenses. Renewal forms (to renew a current license for the next year) are different and are mailed by the Department when needed.
The Commercial Pesticide Applicator license is required for any individual who:
- owns or operates a pesticide business;
- applies pesticides for a pesticide business without direct supervision;
- applies pesticides while acting as an employee of federal, state, or local government, or a park district, port authority, or sanitary district;
- applies pesticides at publicly accessible sites;
- applies restricted use pesticides, unless holding a private applicator license, or is an immediate family member or a subordinate employee of a private applicator;
- conducts authorized diagnostic inspections.
Please submit the completed application and annual fee. You must also pass the Core and applicable Category exams. A commercial applicator can only apply pesticides in the pesticide-use category or categories in which the applicator is licensed. Eligible categories for this license type include:
- Category 1 – Aerial Pest Control
- Category 2 – Agricultural Pests
- Category 3 – Aquatic Pests
- Category 4 – Forest Pests
- Category 5 – Industrial Vegetation Control
- Category 6 – Ornamental Plant & Shade Tree Pests
- Category 7 – Vertebrate Animal Pests
- Category 8 – Turf Pests
- Category 9 – Pests of Livestock/Animals
- Category 10 – Domestic, Institutional, Structural Pests
- Category 11 – Specialized Pest Control (USDA employees only)
- Category 12 – Wood Destroying Insect (WDI) Diagnostic Inspection