Please download and complete the form using the "Download" button to the right.
This application is for new or expired Commercial Pesticide Applicator licenses. Renewal forms (to renew a current license for the next year) are different and are mailed by the Department when needed.
The Commercial Pesticide Applicator license is required for any individual who personally or by his/her agent:
- owns or operates a pesticide business, or
- applies either general or restricted use pesticides to the property of another without direct supervision, or
- applies restricted use pesticides to the property of his/her employer, or
- applies either general or restricted use pesticides to Federal, State or Local public property.
Please submit the completed application and annual fee. You must also pass the Core and applicable Category exams. Eligible categories for this license type include:
- Category 1 – Aerial Pest Control
- Category 2 – Agricultural Pests
- Category 3 – Aquatic Pests
- Category 4 – Forest Pests
- Category 5 – Industrial Vegetation Control
- Category 6 – Ornamental Plant & Shade Tree Pests
- Category 7 – Vertebrate Animal Pests
- Category 8 – Turf Pests
- Category 9 – Pests of Livestock/Animals
- Category 10 – Domestic, Institutional, Structural Pests
- Category 11 – Specialized Pest Control (USDA employees only)
- Category 12 – Wood Destroying Insect (WDI) Diagnostic Inspection