Please download and complete the form using the "Download" button to the right.
Any pesticide that is distributed within Ohio must be registered with the Department annually, and the current marketplace label be on file with our office in PDF format.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTERING NEW PESTICIDE PRODUCTS IN OHIO
Fill out the application completely – including authorized signature. Registration packets must include the application, payment, product label(s), and all required EPA documents (see below). It is not required to send us the second page supplemental product sheet if not completed, or the third page instructions sheet. Failure to comply with these directives may delay registration of your pesticide product. Once the product registration has been approved, we will send the official Certificate of Registration to the email address provided on the application.
Name and Address
1. Registrant Company Name: The name of the registrant which will appear on the product label.
2. Registrant Site Address: The address of the registrant which will appear on the product label.
4. Registrant EIN/Federal Tax ID: The IRS-issued EIN of the registrant used to identify business entities. Leave blank if the registrant is located outside the United States.
5. Registrant EPA Company Number: The EPA-issued Company Number of the registrant. Leave blank if not applicable (i.e., only registers 25(b) Exempt products).
6. Registrant ODA Company Number: The Company ID assigned by ODA to existing registrants and can be found on previous Certificates of Registration. Leave the Ohio Company ID blank for "New" companies that do not already exist in our system; we will assign ID numbers for new companies once the products are registered with us.
7. Agent/Submitter Contact Name: The person who is authorized to answer any questions about your application for registration and receive mailed correspondence.
8. Agent/Submitter Contact Organization: The company name of the applicant; this should either be the company of the registrant’s authorized agent, or the registrant itself if no agent is used.
9. Agent/Submitter Mailing Address: All correspondence, renewal notices, etc. will be sent to this address.
Include payment of $150.00 for each product registered. (Example: 10 products at $150.00 ea. = $1,500.00) Incorrect amounts will delay the registration process. American Express cards are not accepted. Credit card payments may either be mailed or faxed to our office at 614-728-4235. Ohio does not have an online renewal/initial registration website for pesticide products.
The most current label must be on file with our office; paper copies are not accepted. Revised product labels with minor changes can be submitted to our office. Pesticide products that have a different EPA Reg #, different brand name, or different manufacturer/labeler will need to be registered as new products with an application and payment. Revised product labels can be submitted via email to AGRPestFertProducts@agri.ohio.gov. In addition, Ohio also accepts revised labels uploaded into ALSTAR however an email notification must be sent to AGRPestFertProducts@agri.ohio.gov for notification purposes upon doing so.
For Section 3 or a basic registration
The registrant or agent must submit an EPA-approved marketplace label, a completed application, and $150.00 per product(s) for ODA to review the product(s) for potential registration in Ohio.
For registration of a Supplemental Distributor registration
The registrant or agent must submit an EPA-approved marketplace label, the EPA-approved supplemental distributor form 8570-5, a complete application, and $150.00 per product(s).
For 25b Exempt products
The registrant or agent must submit a completed application with a fee of $150.00 per product. Labels must list all active ingredients by name and percentage. Labels must also list all inert ingredients by name. If the submitted product(s) is approved for registration, it will be assigned a unique Ohio ID number which will appear on the Certificate of Registration sent to the submitter/agent.
Pesticide Product Renewals are mailed out in May of each calendar year to the Submitter/Agent Company Mailing address on file.