Wooster, Ohio (December 26, 2019) – Buehler’s Fresh Foods of Wooster, OH announced a voluntary recall of 2,628 pounds of Buehler’s Homemade Meatloaf, 1,439.8 pounds of Buehler’s Homemade Ham Loaf, and 406.5 pounds of Italian Style Stuffed Meatballs with Marinara Sauce, that were found to have foreign material in one of the ingredients used to make the product, creating a potential hazard.
The products were shipped and sold through their own Buehler’s retail stores at the following locations:
- Buehler’s 336 N Market St. Wooster, Ohio 44691
- Buehler’s 417 South Broadway St. New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663
- Buehler’s 1055 Sugarbush Dr. Ashland, Ohio 44805
- Buehler’s 1114 West High St. Orrville, Ohio 44667
- Buehler’s 275 Forest Meadows Medina, Ohio 44256
- Buehler’s 830 South 2nd St. Coshocton, Ohio 43812
- Buehler’s 175 Great Oaks Trail Wadsworth, Ohio 44281
- Buehler’s 3540 Burbank Rd. Wooster, Ohio 44691
- Buehler’s 3000 North Wooster Ave. Dover, Ohio 44622
- Buehler’s 3626 Medina Rd. Medina, Ohio 44256
- Buehler’s 7138 Fulton Dr. NW Canton, Ohio 44718
- Buehler’s 4045 South Main St. Akron, Ohio 44319
- Buehler’s 2226 Lincoln Way NW Massillon, OH 44647
Products were produced and packaged in containers and shipped to their retail stores where products were further processed and distributed in various amounts through the retail department. The products involved were offered for sale during the following times:
- Buehler’s Homemade Meatloaf: August 29, 2019 – December 26, 2019
- Buehler’s Homemade Ham Loaf: September 11, 2019 – December 26, 2019
- Italian Style Stuffed Meatballs with Marinara Sauce: October 9, 2019 – December 26, 2019
The problem was discovered on December 26, 2019 by a retail employee during production. There have been no confirmed reports or adverse reactions due to consumption of this product. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
Some products may be frozen and in consumers’ freezers. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be discarded or returned to the company.
An attachment containing labels of the products subject to the recall can be downloaded from this announcement. For questions regarding the recall contact Buehler’s Fresh Foods, Bob Summers at 330-264-4355.