Gochenour Meats of New Washington, OH announces a voluntary recall of approximately 38 pounds of fresh pork sausage, 11.42 pounds of little pigs fresh pork sausage and 10 pounds of Italian sausage. The product may be contaminated with extraneous material, specifically rubber.
The product was produced from January 3, 2019 to January 4, 2019. The following products are subject to recall:
- 1-2-pound packages of paper wrapped fresh pork sausage sold through the establishment’s retail
- 1-2-pound packages of little pigs fresh pork sausage sold through the establishment’s retail
- 1-2-pound packages of Italian sausage sold through the establishment’s retail
- Various weighted packages of Italian Sausage, little pigs fresh pork sausage and Italian sausage sold at Drug Mart locations listed below.
This product was distributed through the retail operation located in New Washington Ohio and three Drug Marts at the following locations:
- 739 Carter Dr. Galion, Ohio 44833
- 219 Mansfield Ave. Shelby, Ohio 44875
- 307 W. Walton Ave. Williard, Ohio 44890
The labels of the inspected product sold at Drug Mart locations bear the establishment number EST. 1087 inside the Ohio mark of inspection. Product sold through the establishment’s retail are sold in paper wrapped packages with the name of the product written on.
This problem was discovered on January 4, 2019 when Gochenour Meats was notified by J.H. Routh Packing Company that they were recalling approximately 1,719 pounds of raw pork sausage products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically rubber. The news release for the product associated with this J.H. Routh Packing Co. recall can be found here:
Gochenour Meats urges customers that have purchased these products not to consume them. These products should be discarded or returned to the company.
For questions regarding the recall; contact Shirley VanEerten, Owner-Grochenour Meats, at 131 W. Mansfield St. New Washington, OH 44854-Ph. (419)492-2370