WOOSTER, Ohio (July 22, 2019) ‒ Buehler’s Fresh Foods of Wooster, OH announced a voluntary recall of 205 pounds of Buehler’s Gourmet Pea Salad with Bacon that was found to have foreign material in one of the ingredients used to make the product, creating a potential hazard.
The Buehler’s Gourmet Pea Salad with Bacon was produced on two days, July 10, 2019 and July 17, 2019. Both lots were shipped and sold through their own Buehler’s retail stores at the following locations:
- Buehler’s 3632 Medina Road, Medina, OH 44256
- Buehler’s 275 Forest Meadows, Medina, OH 44256
- Buehler’s 3540 Burbank Road, Wooster, OH 44691
- Buehler’s 4045 South Main Street, Akron, OH 44319
- Buehler’s 830 South Second Street, Coshocton, OH 43812
- Buehler’s 1055 Sugarbush Drive, Ashland, OH 44805
- Buehler’s 7138 Fulton Drive NW, Canton, OH 44718
- Buehler’s 417 South Broadway, New Philadelphia, OH 44663
The product was packaged in 10 to 12 pound plastic containers and shipped to their retail stores and distributed in various amounts through their retail department.
The problem was discovered by establishment employees performing quality control checks during production.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of this product. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
ODA routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the ODA Meat Inspection Division website at: ODA Meat Inspection Recalls.
An attachment containing the label of the product subject to the recall can be downloaded from this announcement.
For questions regarding the recall contact Buehler’s Fresh Foods,Bob Summers at 330-264-4355.