Ohio’s Children’s Initiatives program
The Ohio Department of Agriculture, through its Children’s Initiatives program, is connecting kids back to where their food comes from and promoting Ohio agriculture.
• Acts as a resource for farmers and school programs.
|• OSU Extension
• Ohio Ag in the Classroom
• Ohio Farm Bureau• USDA Food & Nutrition Service
• Various Commodity Groups• Non-Profit Organizations
• Ohio Department of Education, which administers school meal programs including school breakfast,
school lunches, after school meals, and summer meal programs.
Events and Activities
|• School Breakfast Challenge award
• Ohio State Fair
• COSI Science Festival
• Farm Science Review
• Summer Feeding Program
• Projects with Governor Mike DeWine and First Lady Fran DeWine
• Great Lakes Great Apple Crunch
• Ohio Department of Agriculture Campus Tours