REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio (November 22, 2022) – The Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) is continuing its commitment toward a sustainable future.
ODA is seeking Requests for Proposal from a composting and recycling event company to manage and oversee a Zero Waste campaign at the Taste of Ohio Café for the Ohio State Fair – July 26-July 31, 2023.
A Zero Waste plan will include:
- Combined recycling/compost/trash stations placed at the four exits and the front of the eating area.
- Signage placed on the stations and throughout the building and fairgrounds to educate consumers.
- Volunteers utilized to help customers select the appropriate bin for waste disposal.
- Use of compostable plates and utensils by commodity groups.
- Recycling and compost picked up and transported to a facility to be sorted and composted. Trash will be removed by fair waste removal vendor.
- Waste diversion goals developed based upon 2022 data.
- A communications and marketing plan, developed in coordination with ODA and Zero Waste Sponsors, to include a brand for the zero waste effort, signage, literature, and geofencing tool.
The proposal should focus on the vendor’s ability to provide the services outlined in the attached document. Vendors must provide the following:
- Cover Letter – a letter signed by an officer of the firm, company, or corporation, binding the firm/company/corporation to all comments made in the proposal. Include a primary contact person for the proposal.
- Qualifications and Experience – Provide a description of the history, experience and qualifications of your firm/company/corporation and any proposed subcontractors to perform the Scope of Work. Please include:
- Resumes and biographies of all principals assigned to the project.
- List of capabilities corresponding to the Scope of Work.
- List of similar/relevant projects your firm/company/corporation has undertaken, including results achieved.
- References from similar projects your firm/company/corporation has undertaken.
- Approach to Scope of Work – Provide a detailed description of your approach to each Scope of Work element.
- Service Timeframes – Provide a detailed description of services to be performed by the vendor based on the Scope of Work and the average timeframes required to complete each.
The project should not exceed $30,000.
Please send written proposals to: Ohio Department of Agriculture, Attn: Sarah Huffman, 8995 E. Main St., Reynoldsburg, OH 43068, or email Sarah.Huffman@agri.ohio.gov.