HB 321 - Reducing Barriers for Ohio's Auctioneer Profession
A new auctioneer law (HB 321) reduces barriers to entry for the auctioneer profession in the State of Ohio. This bill was signed by Governor DeWine on June 14, 2022 and will go into effect on September 13.
- eliminates the apprentice auctioneer license and verbal exam requirements;
- permits monthly auctioneer license written exams;
- moves the auction firm license to a biennial license;
- implements continuing education requirements for licensees;
- defines online and live auctions; and
- requires online auctions in Ohio to be licensed as an auctioneer or auction firm with few exceptions.
The first exam available after the effective date of the bill is September 29, 2022 at the Ohio Department of Agriculture. To apply, go to https://elicense.ohio.gov .