The Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) is hosting a series of in-person and virtual public informational meetings regarding upcoming gypsy moth treatments.
Gypsy moth caterpillars feed on leaves, which weakens trees and shrubs and can potentially kill them. The treatments are not harmful to humans, animals, honey bees, or plants.
General and region-specific information will be discussed at each meeting. Any member of the public is welcome to attend any meeting:
In-Person Open Houses:
- February 3, 2022, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Newark Twp. Hall, 310 Deo Dr., Newark, OH
- February 3, 2022, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Upper Arlington City Building, 3600 Tremont Rd., Upper Arlington, OH
- February 10, 2022, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Delphos City Council Chamber, 608 North Canal St., Delphos, OH
Virtual Open Houses:
- February 14, 2022, 6:00 p.m. – Athens, Hocking, Morgan,Noble, Perry, and Washington Counties
- February 15, 2022, 6:00 p.m. – Knox and Licking Counties
- February 16, 2022, 6:00 p.m. – Franklin County
- February 17, 2022, 6:00 p.m. – Allen, Hancock, Paulding, Putnam, and Williams Counties
If you are unable to attend an open house but would like to make a public comment, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or submit by mail to:
Division of Plant Health – Gypsy Moth Program
8995 East Main Street, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
The official public comment period is open until February 28, 2022.
Links to the virtual open houses along with detailed information about the gypsy moth program can be found at ODA’s Gypsy Moth Program website.