Web Content Viewer

Fertilizer - License to Manufacture, Sell, or Distribute Liming Material

Please download and complete the form using the "Download" button to the right.

No person shall manufacture, sell, or distribute in this state liming material without a license to do so. A separate license is required for each of the following:

  • Each location at which liming material is manufactured in this state;
  • Each location out of the state from which liming material is distributed or sold in this state to non-licensees.

Sellers and distributors are not required to be licensed if the manufacturer of the liming material that the person distributes or sells is licensed.

The name and address shown on the license shall be shown on all labels, pertinent invoices, and bulk storage for liming material distributed or sold by the licensee in this state.

Sales Tonnage & Inspection Fees

Annual tonnage reports are due for sales between the period of January 1 - December 31, to be filed before February 9. These reports should state the net tons of liming material sold or distributed to a non-licensee in this state, by county, by oxide and hydrate forms, and by grade. If more than 2,500 tons of agricultural liming material is sold or distributed in this state, an inspection fee will be applied. This fee is one-fourth of one cent ($0.0025) for each ton over 2,500 tons, up to a maximum fee of $300. There is a late fee of $10 or 10% of the amount due, whichever is greater. For tonnage reports found to be incorrect, a penalty of 10% of the amount due will be assessed.